Monday, August 1, 2016

Padkos - July 2016

8 Ways Satan Convinces You To Question Your Salvation

Assisted Suicide - A Quadriplegic's Perspective

What About Your Desire To Do Something Great For God  "A heart delighted in God desires to obey Him. A heart delighted in self desires to see what self can accomplish. A person delighted in God doesn't care so much how God uses her, but rather that she is useful to God, the object of her delight. A person delighted in self cares deeply about how God uses her, because seeing the self she loves underused causes grief."

Are We Distracting Ourselves To Death?

Has Authenticity Trumped Holiness? Brett MacKraken

Lay Aside The Weight of Self Pity - Jon Bloom

Envy Always Wins - Tim Challis 

The 'Lost' Sin of Envy - Tim Challis

What Does it Mean to Serve God? - John Piper

God Is With You In Your Desert

God May Not Want You To Be A World Changer

The Legacy Of One-Point Calvinism and Casual Churchianity - John Piper

Left Out - The Benefits of Exclusion - Kelly Needham

Women, Trade Self-Worth For Awe And Wonder - Jen Wilkin
Awe yields self-forgetfulness. When we emphasize self-awareness to the omission of self-forgetfulness, we have missed the mark. You can tell me that I am a royal daughter of the King. You can assure me that I am God’s poem or his masterpiece. You can tell me that I stir the heart of God, that I am sung over and delighted in, that I am beautiful in his eyes, that I am set apart for a sacred purpose. You can tell me these things, and you should. But I beg you:Don’t tell me who I am until you have caused me to gaze in awe at “I Am.” Though all of these statements are precious truths, their preciousness cannot be properly perceived until framed in the brilliance of his utter holiness. There can be no true self-awareness apart from right, reverent awe of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Padkos - May 2023

  'A Cry of Grief' - Philip Yancey